What is Payroll?
Payroll often sits between more than one single business department because it lies at the intersection of more than just one skill set. An efficient, cost effective and thoroughly streamlined Payroll service will cover finance, employment law, personnel management and pension administration.
For the Small businessman all of these subject areas can be very daunting. A black cloud that appears once a month that is not only time consuming but can be complex and frustrating.
Most employers will pay it little heed until they are in a position to employ people within their business.
Don’t let the Maze of PAYE get in the way of business Growth
Often it is the whole multifaceted tasks that are involved in Payroll that may prevent small businesses growing at the rate they should do.
Here at Rotherham Payroll we offer a dynamic payroll service which allows the business manager to get on with his daily business tasks in the secure knowledge that PAYE is in safe hands.
What Services does Payroll Provide?
Fundamentally Payroll ensures that all employees receive the correct salary/wage in line with current HMRC legislation. As well as Calculating payments and distributing payments at the correct time to both the employee and the tax department, Payroll personnel need to be adept at creating succinct reports for Company owners and answering enquiries from employees. Services include:
• Paying tax, NI, union deductions, student loan and pension contributions. It is important that tax payments are paid on time and correctly or penalties could be involved.
• Calculating wages, Statutory Sick Payment, maternity/paternity pay, holiday pay, bonuses, pension contributions and flexible pay.
• In order for the business owner to have a clear idea of how the cost of staffing is affecting his budget the Payroll professional will need to provide accurate reports on a regular basis.
• Employees only tend to notice Payroll on three occasions. When salary arrives and when it doesn’t, and when it isn’t what it should be. So Payroll personnel need to be adept at dealing with enquiries and complaints – diplomatic, informative and customer friendly.
• Payroll needs to keep excellent on-going records of all official documents such as P35′s, P14′s, P45′s, P46′s and P60′s etc in case there are future issues either with HMRC or the employees themselves
• Payroll will need to distribute payslips
• Keeping an up to date knowledge re tax, NI and pension legislation. The Payroll department must be aware of any changes in the law to ensure the system is legal and streamlined.
Rotherham Payroll offer two separate options for the business manager looking for a streamlined cost efficient Payroll service. You can either choose our Outsourced Payroll or Fully Managed Payroll. Read more…
For More Information on our Payroll Services
There are other payroll service providers, but Rotherham Payroll services really do fit the bill. Find out more by calling 0843 289 3318 today or fill in our short enquiry form.